Mold Is Everywhere
No Mold Free Environment
One of the big problems for modern day home owners, especially in the South is dealing with mold. Mold seems to just appear out of no where. But the truth is, mold is everywhere. Mold spores are always there, floating around in the air waiting to find the perfect growth environment. For homeowners the problem begins when some area in their home becomes that perfect growth environment. Here in Austin TX in the last few years there have been a number of expensive home demolished after being completely taken over by mold. Austin mold remediation becomes more costly to than the structure is worth.
Most Mold Needs Moisture
A small leak in a pipe or a leaking roof will create a wet or moist area for mold to talk hold. Wet or damp sheetrock , wood walls, and wood floors all provide a good food source for mold. Basically ,our homes are constructed mostly of materials that molds feed on. Just allow the moisture to be added and the mold takes hold. If the levels of mold found inside is higher than what is found outside or if type of mold found indoors is not found outdoors then there is a problem somewhere indoors. Usually there is a buildup of moisture that is not apparent and has not been dried.
Given The Opportunity Mold Will Grow
So many times homeowners who have a water damage Austin TX incident fail to get the proper help. The visible water is removed and the cause is fixed but the area is not properly and completely dried out. The result is an optimal environment for mold to take a hold and grow. It may be inside wall where water has leaked and was not properly dried out. It may be weeks or longer before the actual mold growing inside the wall works it way through and is visible.
Mold Doesn’t Go Away
Once, mold takes hold in a house if not remediated it will continue to grow and produce more spores. This can and usually does result in an environment adverse to human health. The quantity of spores in the enclosed environment of the home continues to increase. Mold remediation is a job for professionals. Trying to clean up mold by yourself will usually fail. Getting the visible removed and not correcting the problem the allows the mold to grow is temporary at best. A few days or weeks later the mold will reappear